We are delighted to announce an extension to the parameters of Biotrue® ONEday for Astigmatism, an innovative toric lens design with a bioinspired material which contains 78% water and delivers consistently clear vision throughout the day.1,2,3 The addition of the new cyl, -2.25, to the early access range that was launched in October 2017 is available to practitioners now.
Similar to Biotrue® ONEday and Biotrue® ONEday for Presbyopia, Biotrue® ONEday for Astigmatism utilises Surface Active Technology. This technology uses hydrophilic polyvinylpyrrilidone (PVP), a water loving molecule, and Poloxamer 407, a surface active macromer, to form a dehydration barrier that helps the lens maintain 98% of its moisture for up to 16 hours.4
Biotrue® ONEday for Astigmatism features an evolved prism free peri-ballast designed to support stability and fit and work with natural blink patterns. In a study of 123 patients, 98% of ECPs surveyed were satisfied with the speed of fitting of the lenses at dispensing.3 The advanced design also includes a thin tapered edge to limit lid interaction, orientation marks to help patients during application and spherical aberration control for low-light conditions.5,6
Biotrue® ONEday for Astigmatism contact lens is available from independent opticians.
For more information visit Biotrue.co.uk
1. Schafer J, Steffen R, Reindel W et al. Evaluation of surface water characteristics of novel daily disposable contact lens materials, using refractive index shifts after wear. Clinical Ophthalmology 2015; 9: 1973-1979.
2. Results from a 21 investigator, multi-site study of Biotrue® ONEday lenses with a total of 414 eligible subjects (210 daily disposable lens wearers and 204 planned replacement lens wearers. After 7 days of wear, subjects completed an online survey. Consumers rated Biotrue® ONEday lens performance across a range of attributes and compared the performance to their habitual lenses.
3. Results from a 7-investigator, multi-site study of Biotrue® ONEday for Astigmatism on 123 current non-daily disposable toric soft contact lens wearers. Lenses were worn on a daily wear basis for 1 week. Performance was rated using a 6-point agree/disagree scale and statistical analysis was performed to assess whether significantly more patients agreed than disagreed. #828:15-003. May 2016
4. Twenty two subjects participated in a randomised, double-masked,contralateral eye study to evaluate water loss of Biotrue® ONEday, 1-Day Acuvue® Moist, 1 Day Acuvue® Trueye® and DAILIES® AquaComfort Plus® contact lenses, After 4 , 8, 12 and 16 hours of wear, lenses were removed and immediately weighted (wet weight). The lenses were then completely dried and re weighted (dry weight). The relative percentage water loss was then calculated for each lens from the wet and dry weights.
5. Duggan P. Spherical Aberration Level Comparison of Competing Daily Disposable Toric Lenses Across the SKU Range. Reference: WRD-16-050R. June 2016
6. Bausch + Lomb. Biotrue ONEday for Astigmatism (nesofilcon A Toric) Design Description.
Select an Age Group