Biotrue ONEday contact lenses for astigmatism have been designed using the human eye for inspiration - containing 78% water^7^. The bio-inspired design provides clear, comfortable vision throughout the day^1^.
Many contact lens wearers need lenses they can wear all day, either at home or at work, where they might look at a screen many hours. This means that most of the day is spent blinking less frequently, leading to dryness. Biotrue ONEday for Astigmatism maintains 98% of its moisture for up to 16 hours^2^.
Biotrue ONEday lenses for astigmatism are designed by a world-class team of scientists and engineers to meet the need of modern life, helping to provide you with consistent, clear vision and comfort from morning to night^1^.
Inspired by the blink patterns, Bausch + Lomb designed a lens that works with your eye for stable, clear vision^1,5^.
From start of your working day into your evening - providing comfortable vision throughout^1^
Bausch + Lomb created the world’s first contact lens and continues to develop innovative products that meet a huge range of eye care needs from contact lenses to optical surgery.
Visit biotrue.co.uk to tell us what works for you and find your nearest Biotrue ONEday stockist.
If you have a question, we’re here to help. Ask a question
1. Results from a 7-investigator, multi-site study of Biotrue ONEday for Astigmatism on 126 current non-daily disposable toric soft contact lens wearers. Lenses were worn on a daily wear basis for 1 week. Performance was rated using a 6-point agree/disagree scale and statistical analysis was performed to assess whether significantly more patients agreed than disagreed
2. Twenty-two subjects participated in a randomized, double-masked, contralateral eye study to evaluate water loss of Biotrue® ONE Day and 1-Day ACUVUE Moist contact lenses. After 4, 8, 12, and 16 hours of wear, lenses were removed and immediately weighed (wet weight). The lenses were then completely dried and reweighed (dry weight). The percent water loss was then calculated for each lens from the wet and dry weights.
3. Bausch and Lomb. Biotrue® ONEday contact lens specifications. Available at: http://www.bausch.com/ecp/ourproducts/contact-lenses/myopia-hyperopia/biotrue-onedaylenses. Accessed September 2017
4. Harvitt DM, Bonanno JA. Re-evaluation of the oxygen diffusion model for predicting minimum contact lens Dk/t values needed to avoid corneal anoxia. Optom Vis Sci. 1999; 76(10): 712-719
5. Biotrue ONEday for Astigmatism (nesofilcon A toric) Design Description
6. Bausch and Lomb Biotrue ONEday for Presbyopia FDA submission. Available at: https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/cdrh_docs/pdf13/k132715.pdf. December 2013. Accessed September 2017.
7. Schafer J, Steffen R, Reindel W et al. Evaluation of surface water characteristics of novel daily disposable contact lens materials, using refractive index shifts after wear. Clinical Ophthalmology 105; 9:1973-1979
*WARNING: UV-absorbing contact lenses are NOT substitutes for protective UV-absorbing eyewear, such as UV-absorbing goggles or sunglasses, because they do not completely cover the eye and surrounding area. The effectiveness of wearing UV-absorbing contact lenses in preventing or reducing the incidence of ocular disorders associated with exposure to UV light has not been established at this time. You should continue to use UV-absorbing eyewear as directed. NOTE: Long-term exposure to UV radiation is one of the risk factors associated with cataracts. Exposure is based on a number of factors such as environmental conditions (altitude, geography, cloud cover) and personal factors (extent and nature of outdoor activities). UV-blocking contact lenses help provide protection against harmful UV radiation. However, clinical studies have not been done to demonstrate that wearing UV-blocking contact lenses reduces the risk of developing cataracts or other eye disorders.
Select an Age Group