Bausch + Lomb ULTRA® contact lenses for Presbyopia - exceptional comfort unites with a proven multifocal design, providing clarity in real-world experiences^2^.Play video
With MositureSealTM technology for exceptional end-of-day comfort^1^ and 3-Zone Progressive Design for outstanding near, intermediate and distance vision^2^. Bausch + Lomb ULTRA contact lenses are designed to offer an easy and predictable fitting^2^ for all patients.
MoistureSeal™ technology is a two phase polymerisation process that results in an exceptional combination of high oxygen transmissibility, low modulus and high wettability without a plasma treatment^3^.
Phase one creates a flexible silicone matrix from a proprietary combination of long and short chain molecules, resulting in high oxygen transmissibility and low modulus.
Phase two grows PVP (polyvinylpyrrolidone), a water-loving polymer, permanently around and through the matrix to attract water, creating a lens surface with high wettability.
Bausch + Lomb ULTRA for Presbyopia features the highest oxygen transmissibility (Dk/t 163) and lowest* modulus^6^ (70g/mm^2^) compared to the competition, and a thin edge design^7^.
Demonstrated fitting success by your peers:* 80% of patients were successfully fitted in one visit2*
Bausch + Lomb has an exclusive Bundle Offer for all Bausch + Lomb Direct customers
Material: Samfilcon A (Silicone hydrogel)
Technology: MoistureSeal™ Technology
Water content: 46%
Oxygen Transmissibility: 163Dk/t at centre -3.00D
Design: 3-Zone Progressive Design (centre-near aspheric optics)
Base curve: 8.5mm
Centre thickness: 0.07mm at -3.00D
Spherical Powers: +6.00D to -10.00D (0.25D steps)
Spectacle Add Powers: Low: Up to +1.50D; High: Over +1.50D
Visibility tint: light blue
Pack Sizes: 3,6
Fitting Guide (PDF)
If you have a question, we’re here to help. Ask a question
1. Results from a 22-investigator, multi-site study of Bausch + Lomb ULTRA™ contact lenses with MoistureSeal™ technology, on 327 current silicone hydrogel lens wearers. After 7 days of wear, subjects completed an online survey. Subjects rated performance across a range of attributes. Preference comparisons represent only those subjects expressing a preference. Ratio is based on the average across the silicone hydrogel lenses represented in the study.
2. Thirty-nine ECPs (from 10 countries) refitted 422 existing soft contact lens wearing presbyopes into PureVision®2 Presbyopia lenses. Patients returned for follow-up visits after 1-2 weeks. ECP assessment of lens performance including ease of fit, and patient satisfaction with lenses in real-world conditions, were measured using a 6-point agreement survey.
3. K. Wygladacz, D. Hook, R. Steffen, & W.Reindel, Breaking the cycle of discomfort; Contact Lens Spectrum/Special Edition, 2014.
4. W Reindel, G Mosehauer, P Luddington, Mohammad M. Ergonomic Utility of Progressive Multifocal Contact Lenses: A Comparison of Power Profiles Across Near, Intermediate and Distance Zones.
5. Alexis KS Vogt1*, PhD and Kristen R Hovinga2, MS. Consistency of Multifocal Contact Lens Designs
6. Bausch & Lomb Incorporated, Rochester, NY. (2013). Dk/t data for ULTRA and market leading Silicone Hydrogel Lenses
7. Hovinga, Kristen. (2013) Edge Pictures for samfilcon A Ultra, Air Optix Aqua Night & Day, Biofinity and Oasys lenses
* When the ECP followed the fitting guide for the 3-Zone Progressive™ Design of PureVision®2 for Presbyopia lens.
Select an Age Group