Whether at work or play, people live very demanding lives.Play video
Today’s patients put new demands on their eyes using digital devices. High computer usage, along with dryness, was named as the number one contributing factor to contact lens drop-off^7^. We may blink 66% less on average when using a digital device, which could contribute to lens dehydration^8^.
No matter what, Biotrue ONEday supports the oxygen requirement of the eye without silicone^1^. The lens utilises a unique hydrophilic barrier which provides exceptional benefits. Biotrue ONEday has a 78% water content and is 4 times more effective at locking in moisture when compared to the leading daily disposable*^2^, maintaining 98% water retention over a 16 hour period^2^.
Biotrue ONEday lenses are made from a next generation, bio-inspired HyperGelTM material which supports high levels of oxygen transmission through the lens without the need for silicone. The polymer-bound Surface Active Macromer (SAM) Poloxamer 407, increases in concentration at the surface, forming a permanent component of the lens material.
Material: nesofilcon A
Technology: High Definition Optics
Water Content: 78%
Oxygen Transmissibility: 42 Dk/t; at centre -3.00D allowing 93% oxygen flux
Design: Aspheric Optics
Base Curve: 8.6mm
Centre Thickness: 0.1mm for -3.00D
Powers: +6.00D to -6.50D (0.25D steps); -6.50D to -9.00D (0.50D steps)
Visibility Tint: Light blue
Pack Sizes: 30, 90
If you have a question, we’re here to help. Ask a question
Biotrue ONEday website
1. Brennan.Noel A. A model of Oxygen flux through Contact Lenses, Cornea 20(1):104-108. 2001
2. Understanding Lens Shape Dynamics During Off -Eye Dehydration of Contact Lens Materials with varying water content Ian G Cox and Rosa H.Lee
3. Multiple-Packaged Lenses Comparison, Tyler’s Quarterly – Professional Edition, September 2013
4. Results of in vitro study in which twenty-two subjects participated in a randomized, double-masked, contra lateral eye study to evaluate water loss of Biotrue ONEday, 1-Day Acuvue Moist, 1-Day Acuvue TruEye contact lenses. After 4, 8, 12, and 16 hours of wear, lenses were removed and immediately weighed (wet weight). The lenses were then completely dried and reweighed (dry weight). The percent water loss was then calculated for each lens from the wet and dry weights.
5. Results from a 21 investigator, multi-site study of Biotrue ONEday lenses with a total of 414 eligible subjects (210 daily disposable lens wearers and 204 planned
replacement lens wearers. After 7 days of wear, subjects completed an online survey. Consumers rated Biotrue ONEday lens performance across a range of attributes and compared the performance to their habitual lenses 6. Biotrue ONEday FDA 510K submission 2014-01-14 | www.accessdata.fda.gov/cdrh_do...
7. Exploring contact lens drop off, Kadence International, 2013. *332 contact lens users surveyed.
8. Patel S. Henderson R, Bradley L, Galloway B, Hunter L. Effect of visual display unit use on blink rate and tear stability. Department of Optometry and Vision Space, Glasgow Polytechnic, Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom. Vol 68, No. 11, pp.888-892.
Select an Age Group